Finance transformation programme
The capital markets finance function in a tier-one bank was required to meet the specific cost reduction targets over a 3-year horizon. The reduction would occur through a programme of process automation, management information transformation and changes to the operating model. We were contracted to create the business case for the programme, ensure its approval and set up the programme during the first few months for its ultimate success.
The core activities of this programme included:
- Identifying and quantifying opportunities to reduce cost whilst improving client service and efficiency
- Creating the business case for the transformation programme that achieved the bank’s objectives
- Mobilising the programme ensuring correct allocation of milestones, budget and resourcing
- Set-up of the programme’s governance structure and help run the first governance forums
- Lead and manage the programme during the first few months before knowledge transfer and hand over to the client delivery team
Our team created a business case within agreed timeframes and successfully passed through numerous internal approval cycles. The programme started as scheduled with the correct resources and financials in place. The client’s team delivered the forecasted cost reductions in the first year during our tenure.