Digital customer onboarding transformation
A leading tier one global bank enlisted our services to drive best practice by designing a simpler customer and employee onboarding experience across customer segments and regions, enabling customers to use the products and services they need through a consistent and intuitive digital journey.
We conducted the following activities to support the delivery and implementation of a simpler onboarding experience and associated global target operating model:
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of the different customer onboarding journeys and its nuances across countries and regions where the bank operates;
- Translated insights from customers and employee experiences and secondary research into opportunities for standardisation, improvement and optimisation;
- Worked closely with product owners, architects, financial crime and business subject matter experts to lay out the vision and target journeys, whilst addressing specific business pain points;
- Supported the identification and breakdown of customer journeys into key delivery capabilities and features to enable easier product prioritisation in relation to scope and business outcomes;
- Reviewed and approved user stories to ensure process alignment and quality;
- Supported the change and implementation team to execute readiness activities across multiple releases and markets.
We planned and led the delivery of different onboarding journey designs and associated end-to-end processes to be rolled out globally. During the first pilot, the programme significantly improved the customer and employee experience through a simplified and tailored onboarding application system. Onboarding time was reduced by 30% on average through a process of standardisation, digitalisation, automation and integration with core back-end systems.